Pages

Friday 18 September 2015

My Fiancé

Hi all this is not beauty related but I just wanted to dedicate at least one post to my fiancé Sean, without him and the support he gives me I genuinely wouldn't be here 
We met in 2011 through a really good friend of mine, she had been talking about this guy she knew who was a DJ and I found the stuff she said about him really interesting! 
This is going to sound really cheesy but when I met him a couple of weeks later I genuinely knew we were supposed to be together 
We were seeing eachother for a few weeks when he brought myself, my friend and her boyfriend at the time to a car show in Belfast where he officially asked me out 

The week after that to the day he surprised me with a huge bunch of flowers for our "week anniversary" 
We have been together almost 5 years now 
I was never one to say "I want to get married" through my life I have seen a lot of marriages end including my own parents so I was always a little iffy about it until I met Sean, I hadn't really envisioned that for my life 
His birthday falls on a leap year so technically he only gets a birthday once every four years , I was doing a childcare course at the time and we were all having a bit of a giggle when one of the girls mentioned that on a leap year the girl can propose to the guy! We all kind of joked around but it stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
That night myself and Sean were going out to our local pub for a few drinks with one of Sean's good friends and his parents 
I had been thinking all day about him and how much I loved him and I just turned to him in the middle of the pub and asked him to marry me.
It wasn't very romantic and it was kind of embarrassing but I genuinely meant it and thankfully he said yes 
We picked out an engagement ring for me together a few days later 
He proposed to me with the ring in asda carpark haha it was really sweet and nice that evening we lit lanterns and let them go at the arigna mines which is a huge hill with a gorgeous view 

Over the last few years we have both been through some really rough times but we've brought eachother through them. Friends have come and go and some have stuck around through good and bad (You know who you are xx) 
Sean is my best friend he is daft and he is silly, he has a huge heart that I wish more people could see, he is sensitive and he is unbelievably strong, he has helped me cope when I was ready to just give up on life, without him I wouldn't be here! 
He stole my heart from the minute I met him and I wanted to write this for him today just to let him know how much he means to me 
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!