Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Loréal Infallible 24 hour Matte Foundation

Cost:  €12.29 
Where to buy :  you can buy this on boots.ie or from any chemist/pharmacy/drug store that sells Loréal makeup products (there is currently a 3 for 2 on boots.ie) 
Skin Type:  For Oily/Combination skin I wouldn't recommend for very dry skin 

Review: 
I bought this just over a month ago from my local boots chemist when it just came out, it seemed like everyone on social media was raving about it being the new Estée Lauder Double Wear dupe 
I've never tried Double Wear so I can't compare but the only similar foundation I've tried is the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation that came out about two years ago.
I'm a big Matte fan i have oily/combination/acne prone skin and I think the dewy glowy look just looks greasy and awful on me so I tend to stay away from dewy foundations.
This foundation claims to stay matte and last 24 hours.
I have slept with this foundation on (bad Stephanie) and it does definitely last however when I wear it all day without setting it with powder it doesn't stay matte on me. 
When I set it with powder it's very heavy and does settle in any tiny lines or larger pores I may have. 
To apply it you need to shake the tube and apply it in circular motions starting from the nose outwards. 
With this foundation you have to use a brush or a beauty blender to get the best results it just doesn't work with your fingers.
If you have used the Rimmel Stay Matte it's more of a mousse foundation in a tube where as this is slightly runny I always seem to squirt out more than I need I thought this would be a mousse type aswell. 
There are only 7shades to choose from and to me there are no real in between shades, you're either pale or your dark.
I wear tan on my face most days so I like my foundation slightly darker as I would be naturally very pale otherwise.
With this I couldn't seem to get the right shade and I wasn't going to buy three or four of them just to try and match so I settled for Rose Beige 13 
In the tube it looks quite natural and beige but in real life it looks almost porcelain, way too light I have to seriously bronze up when I wear it. 
In my local boots chemist they only had 4 colours all the lightest ones. 
For a budget foundation it's pretty good, it gives medium coverage you will need some sort of concealer and if you have oily skin like mine you will need some sort of a light settling powder especially around the nose and chin. 
For a loreal foundation I will admit I am a little disappointed with it especially as it has been raved about on social media, I'm not sure if the reviews I have seen are genuine not paid reviews and are 100% honest but no ones skin is the same so you never really know what will work for you might not work for someone else. 
If I had to mark it out of 5 I would give it a 3. 
I won't be rushing out to purchase another one when this is finished I think I will stick to my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation 

Xox

2 comments:

  1. I didn't buy this at all, the other infallible one in the tube was a disaster on me. I bought two - one was too light, one was too dark, and both slid off my face :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I will be rebuying it I'll stick to the rimmel matte one

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!