Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Smoky eye/cut crease pictorial

This post is picture heavy 
Hi lovelies I haven't done a pictorial in absolute ages I used to do them on my other blog but it's been at least a year and a half since I did one! 
I decided to do one today as I've been looking at some other ones
I have recorded videos on how to contour and how to apply strip eyelashes I've never done a video before so if you would like to see them let me know 
On to the makeup 
Face
As my base I used Rimmel match perfect in True Ivory 
Blush is W7 in baby pink
And brows is my little brow palette from Tmart 
I used a matte lipstick from MUA called candy crush and a clear gloss from Essence over it 
Mascara I used No7 lash impact
Products for this look 
I love NYCs eye palettes they're so handy, I bought this one for brown eyes even though mine are blue/grey/green depending on my mood 
I just loved the colours 
I use the hi lighter and the concealer a lot as you can see 
You do not need to use these colours or this palette you can use whatever colours you like using the same guide 
Start by : 
Using concealer on your lids for a clean base 
Take a flat shadow brush and your darkest colour (whichever one you decide to use) and draw across your lid following your crease
You so not need to be careful or clean with this just yet, as you will be cleaning it up later! 
Extend your shadow out slightly and under your eye just to the middle, in a < shape 
Take a fluffy eyeshadow brush and blend that line on the top lid, I like to dip my brush in the same colour and blend it that way, you can go as high as you like with this depending on your own preference 
Taking your flat brush and the lighter colour pat that colour onto your eyelid under where you put your dark colour
You can put as much or as little on as you like, just don't go up further than the line you made with the dark 
On to liner, you can use gel, liquid, pen liner, etc, starting from your inner corner making a slightly thick line to the outer corner, I love the flick I wear it almost every day so you can extend as far as you want 
Taking a small angled brush and the darker colour you used for your crease line your under eye going as close to the lash line as possible 
Next step: 
Curling your own lashes
You can keep this look simple and just use mascara you can apply that now and your done 
Or you can use lashes and in that case apply one coat of mascara and let it dry, while your waiting for it to dry get your lashes ready 
I use long and full lashes from Tmart they are €1.40 for a pack of 10 there are so many different kinds on that site I love the thick ones for nighttime but I'm going more for the thinner ones lately 
I won't go into how to apply lashes I might do a post later about this 

Once that's done take your hi lighter (if you are using the same kind of palette) or a really light colour (white even) and apply it to your inner corners of your eye and just under your brows 
And that's the look done, as I have said you don't need to use these colours this look is gorgeous with black and silver or brown and gold, pink and purple etc 
I hope you have enjoyed this post, I would love to hear if you've tried this or you would like to? 
Hopefully it's helped you to create a cut crease :) 
Xox











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!